Resources are files available for others to download. You can make them visible to leaders in a specific group or avaiable to multiple Group Types. If you are a Groups Administrator, manage Resources from the Admin View; if you are a Group Leader, manage your Resources on the Public View.
There are two types or Resources: Shared Resources are visible to multiple Group Types while Single-Group Resources are visible to only one group.
To add and manage Resources, go to the Resources tab on the Groups page. The files visible in this tab will vary depending on the Group Types you have selected.
With Single-Group Resouces highlighted, select Add new group resource.
- Choose File allows you to search your computer for a file.
- The Name you enter will be displayed on Resources pages; the actual filename will not be visible.
- The Description will be visible on Resources pages.
- Only one group will be able to access this Resource. If you're on the group's page when you add the Resource, you won't have to select a group, as it will already be populated.
- Allow only Leaders or all Members to access the Resource.
- Start the upload with Create.
You can also view Resources for a specific group on the group's Resource tab.
From the group, you'll have access to the Group Type's Resources as well as the Resources for that specific group.
- Scroll down to the Members/Resources box and click Resources.
- Click Add a resource.
Complete the fields on the New Resource form.
- Click Choose File will bring up the file chooser box to browser your computer for the file.
- Give the file a name. This will be the name displayed on Group Resources pages. The actual filename you upload will not be visible.
- The description you provide here will be visible on the Resources pages
- The Visibility options are Leaders or Members. If Leaders is selected, only Leaders will see it and be able to download it. If you select Members, everyone will be able to see and download it (because all Leaders are Members as well).
- Click Create Resource to start the upload.