Create as many groups as your church needs and put them in the right Group Type to allow people to find them more easily.
Watch the video to see how to add groups, and then read the rest of the article for more details.
Create a New Group
Create a new group from the Groups page.
- Select the Group Type that describes the group you are going to create.
- Click the New group button.
If the group type that you select is All groups (any type) or Unique groups (no type), the Group type assigned to it will be Unique.
Enter the name of the group, and update the Group Type, if necessary.
When creating new groups, some settings will be inherited based on the selections made within the group defaults for that Group Type.
Add any other information necessary to make your group complete.
Create a Unique Group
Some groups don't belong in a group type because they're not directly linked to the church, they're leadership groups, or they just don't fit in with the other groups. These groups can be stored under Unique groups.
From the Groups page, use the dropdown to choose Unique groups (no type) to go to the Unique Groups page.
Click the New group button.
Confirm that you want to create a one-of-a-kind group.
Once you've added your unique group, it will be listed at the bottom of your Public Groups List under the Other Groups category, unless you've set the group to private.
Set Up the Group
Add members, events, resources and group settings.
- Add or remove members, make a member a group leader, or email all the members in your group.
- Add events to the Calendar and invite members to come.
- Add resources to your group.
- Change the logo, description, location, contact information and much more in the Settings.
- Review reporting information based on events you add.
If you've created a unique group, you will need to add all of the settings for the group since the group has no way of inheriting group type settings.
Now that you have a group, let's add some members!