The Public Groups List is where people will learn which groups are open, where they're located, how often they meet, and other important group details.
The video shows you want it looks like in real time, but check out the information below to see more details about how the groups are listed.
You can link directly from your website to your public groups list and encourage your leaders and members to bookmark their group URLs. If the group changes its type or even its name, the public groups list will route incoming requests to the new or updated link.
We don't recommend embedding or framing the public groups list on another website because the public groups list is much more than a listing of groups. The layout reacts to both the viewer's role (if they're logged in) and live data coming from the administrative side.
The design is great on phones and tablets, which is compromised when trying to cram it all into an embedded or framed window on another website. In addition, the email authentication method leaders and members use for logging in makes the embedded or framed approach a short-lived experience.
Accessing the Public Groups List
Your Church Center URL was set up when you set up your Groups account. The yourchurch.churchcenter.com address is where the public side of Groups lives.
You can get to the Public Groups List from the main Groups page by clicking Public Groups List.
From here, you can see if the Church Center mobile app has been enabled and visit or copy the Public Groups List URL.
Group Types are listed at the top of the Public Groups List, and unique groups (groups with no group type) are listed at the bottom.
The layout of this page depends on the existence of public groups, and open groups are listed first. If a group type has no public groups, the group type will not show in the list. If all the unique groups are private, then the Other Groups section will be hidden altogether.
There's no way to completely disable the public groups list, but you can make all the groups private. With no public groups to display, you'll be left with a very empty, very sad public groups list.
If you only have one group type, then the index will instantly redirect to the group type's landing page. Selecting a group type will also bring you to this group type landing page.
Select Shareable Code at the bottom of a public groups list page or a public group type page to view and download the QR code for the page. People can scan the QR code to be brought straight to this URL without having to type it.
- Group leaders and group members can log in, allowing them to access information that's private to their group, edit their personal contact information, and manage their group membership. Group leaders can also edit the group pages for the groups they lead. Groups uses verification codes rather than traditional passwords for logging in.
- The descriptions come from the group type on the administrative side of Groups.
- Search for groups within this group type.
- Group tags become filters for browsing groups. Type in the box to search by name.
- The public groups of this group type are listed. Select an individual group to be taken to its group page. To view private groups, log in.
Once you log in, you'll see the groups that you are a member of in the My groups section at the top of the public groups list.
Select a group to be taken to its group page.