A Group Type is a collection of groups with a common purpose and similar settings. Use one or many group types to organize your church's groups.
Group Types keep all similar groups together. Groups can share Group Defaults according to the Group Type.
Group Types are not created based on geographical distinction or age groups; to differentiate those groups, use Properties.
To access Group Types, go to the Groups tab and choose Manage Group Types.
Create a Group Type
The Group Types page shows all group types. The quick glance shows the name, description, and properties.
To create a new Group Type, select Add group type.
Fill out all the information for your new Group Type. This information will be available on the Groups Directory, for others to read.
- Choose a name that will explain the groups in this Group Type.
- Enter a description for this Group Type.
- Choose a Color Theme, a visual tool on the Admin side.
- Check to enable the map view of groups in this group type on the page your people will visit.
- Add any properties for the group type.
Select Save to be taken to the Group Type page.
- Reorganize the group types by dragging and dropping them into a different spot.
- Group Defaults manage the settings for all groups. Groups can choose to use these Group Defaults or override them with their own settings.
- View all the groups in this group type.
- To edit the settings, select a group type.
Change the name, description, theme, map options, or properties.
Select Delete to remove this group type entirely. Any groups in this group type will be become unique groups, groups without a group type.
Some groups don't belong in a group type because they're not directly linked to the church, they're leadership groups, or they just don't fit in with the other groups. These groups can be stored under Unique Group.
From the Groups page, use the dropdown to choose Unique groups (no type) to see all unique groups and add others.
Select + to add a unique group.
Confirm you want to create a one-of-a-kind group.
Once you've added your unique group, it will be listed at the bottom of your Group Directory under the Other Groups category unless you've set the group to private.
Filter Groups by Group Type
The view of the Groups tab changes based on the group type you choose from the dropdown.
Choose a group type to see the view and numbers filter to just that group type.
The results on the page will only reflect the selected group type.
- View all the groups from this group type and sort based on tile, list, or location. See which groups are public or private as well as opened or closed and change their status.
- View members for the group type.
- Access attendance reports, demographics, and other stats for the group type.
- See the events for all the groups.
- Add and edit resources for the group type or for individual groups.
Groups are listed based on when they were added, and there's not currently a way to reorder them.
Now that you have Group Types, let's add more groups!