You can arrange groups that have a common purpose and similar settings (like small groups or quarterly classes) into a group type. Unique groups are groups that don't fit into a specific group type.
Administrators have permission to manage all group types in the Groups account. Group Type Managers have permission to manage groups in the group types they are assigned to.
Check out the video below on group types, and then read the rest of the article for more details.
Group types are not created based on geographical distinction or age groups; to differentiate those groups, Admins can use Tags.
To access group types, go to the Groups tab, and click Manage Group Types.
Create a New Group Type
Administrators can create new group types. To add a new group type, click Add group type on the Group Types page.
Fill out all the information for your new group type. This information will be available from Groups on Church Center for others to read.
- Enter a name and description for the group type.
- Choose a Color Theme to identify the group type by color on the public page.
- Check to enable the map view of groups in this group type on the page your people will visit.
Click Save to be taken to the Group Type page.
Edit Group Defaults
Group Defaults manage the settings for all groups in a group type. Individual groups can either use any defaults that you set or override them with their own settings.
To edit default settings for a group type, click Defaults.
Make any changes to settings that you want to apply to all new groups created with this group type.
See the Manage Group Settings article for a description of each of these settings.
Edit or Delete a Group Type
From the Group Types page, you can reorganize and edit the group types.
- Admins can reorganize the group types by dragging and dropping them into a different spot.
- Edit group defaults.
- Edit the main group type settings.
To remove the group type entirely, click Delete in the Group Type Settings box. Any groups in this group type will not be deleted, they will become unique groups, groups without a group type.
Groups on Church Center organizes groups by group type, and Unique Groups are shown at the bottom of the page in the Other Groups section.
Filter Groups by Group Type
Choose a group type to see the view for just that group type.
Administrators can filter by all group types. Group Type Managers can only filter for group types they manage.
The results on the page will only reflect the selected group type.
- Click on a tab to see information for all groups in this group type, including a member list, reports, events calendar, and shared resources.
- Filter groups in the group type by tags.
- See which groups are public, private opened, or closed and change their status.
- Display groups in this group by list or location.
Groups are listed based on when they were added, and there's not currently a way to reorder them.
Now that you have group types, let's add more groups!