A Group Type is a collection of groups with a common purpose and similar settings. Unique groups are groups that don't fit into a group type.
Group Types are not created based on geographical distinction or age groups; to differentiate those groups, use Tags.
To access Group Types, go to the Groups tab, and click Manage Group Types.
Create or Edit Group Type
To add a new Group Type, click Add group type on the Group Types page.
Fill out all the information for your new Group Type. This information will be available on the Public Groups List for others to read.
- Enter a name that will describe the groups in this Group Type.
- Enter a description for this Group Type.
- Choose a Color Theme, a visual tool on the Admin side.
- Check to enable the map view of groups in this group type on the page your people will visit.
Click Save to be taken to the Group Type page.
- Reorganize the group types by dragging and dropping them into a different spot.
- Group Defaults manage the settings for all groups in the group type. Groups can use these Group Defaults or override them with their own settings.
- View all the groups in this group type.
- To edit the Group Type settings, select a group type and make changes as needed.
To remove the group type entirely, Click Delete in the Group Type Settings box. Any groups in this group type will not be deleted, they will become unique groups, groups without a group type.
On the Public Groups List, groups are organized by Group Type, and Unique Groups are shown at the bottom of the page in the Other Groups section.
Filter Groups by Group Type
Choose a group type to see the view for just that group type.
The results on the page will only reflect the selected group type.
- Click on a tab to see information for all groups in this group type, including a member list, reports, events calendar, and shared resources.
- Filter groups in the group type by tags.
- Display groups in this group by list or location.
- See which groups are public or private as well as opened or closed and change their status.
Groups are listed based on when they were added, and there's not currently a way to reorder them.
Now that you have Group Types, let's add more groups!