A group page lists all information necessary to its specific group. Leaders, Members, and the Public all have different information available to them, depending on the group settings. From the Public Groups Page, choose a group to be taken to their group page.
If a group is a public, its group page will be active and accessible to the general public. Visitors to the group page will be able to view the group's basic information, description, location, and any upcoming events. Group leaders and/or members can be listed, depending on privacy settings, but resources are always hidden to the general public.
General Group Information
- The group image, description, and schedule are all listed here. Administrators have access to change the name, and type, and Leaders can make any other changes.
- Anyone can use the Contact button to send an email to the group contact person. The contact email for the group is set in the Group Settings.
- If a group is open, then there will be a button for visitors to join this group. When they select the button, a notification will be sent to group leaders as well as Administrators.
Location and Events
- A group can be given a base location, letting visitors know where this group typically meets. In addition, each group event can meet in a different location. Administrators can decide to allow the specific location to be shown or just give an area.
- View the Upcoming Events, including their date, time, and location. You can also subscribe to add these events to your calendar.
Some groups show a list of the Leaders or Members, but it is not required. Manage that information in the Privacy Settings.
Select Shareable Code at the bottom of a public group page to view and download the QR code for the page. People can scan the QR code to be brought straight to this URL without having to type it.