Welcome to Groups! This article will help you set up your Groups account by showing you how the Admin and Public side of the directory works, and it will provide you with links to learn more.
Once you're subscribed, you're ready to get started setting up the application.
Before you can add groups, you need to set up your subdomain, which sets the website for the public side of groups. Once that's created, you're ready to start adding groups!
A subdomain may have already been set up for you from the Accounts Page. Giving and Registrations both use the subdomain as well.
Once you've entered a valid subdomain, check out some information about Groups, and get started!
Explore the Sample Data
You'll be taken to the main Groups page to see all your groups and access any data we've added.
- Check out the Group Types we've created for you and make more for your church.
- Add more Properties than the ones already created to filter your groups more accurately.
- View each tab to see how they work for you! The information in each tab grows as your groups grow.
- Check out your Group Directory, if you haven't already!
- Look through these groups to see how we set them up. Filter by property, change the view from tiles to lists to a map, and open/close all groups or make them all public/private.
- To view a group, select its tile; to create a new group select the +.
The public side of Groups will be what your members see and where they join groups.
- The name and contact information is at the top of the group.
- People will have the option to join the group.
- The description and location is also listed on this group page.
If you wanna dive in a little deeper, we have created a training video that will continually be updated. It's 30 minutes long and has chapters for you to jump around easily. It also links to all of our articles throughout the video.
Getting Help & Support
If you need any help as you're getting set up, we are here to help you! The best way is by clicking the question mark in the upper right when you're logged in. When you click that, you'll see this helpful dialog box.
- Suggested articles will give suggestions based on the page you're on when you click the question mark.
- Type in what you're looking for. This will search our online manual and return articles on that topic.
- Click browse our documentation to be taken directly to our online manual. You'll be able to see all of our help articles and open them from there.
- Send an email to our Support Team. For the most efficient support, be sure to include specifics about what you're working with. This might include the group name, report information, or person you're working with. The more specifics you send our way, the better we can help!