Tags are useful for adding extra information about your groups. Each tag has an associated set of options, and some tags are only used by one group type. Administrators can create and delete tag and tag groups then even use tags to filter groups on the Groups page.
Create Tags and Tag Groups
From the Tags tab, add more tags to the tag groups or use the + to add a new tag group.
Add information about the tag group.
- Enter the name of the tag group.
- Check if you want the tag to display on the public page.
- Decide if one group can belong to many tags, or if the group can only belong to one of the tags.
Select Save to add the different tags to the group.
Type the name of the tag into the box and enter or select the + to add it to the group.
- Selecting edit will take you to the tag group settings.
- Use the handles to reorder the tags by dragging and dropping them.
- To edit or delete a tag, select the pencil then choose the delete icon. Tags cannot be recovered and will be removed from any groups they were assigned.
Once you've added the tag, assign it to a group from its settings.
Filter with Tags
Select a group type and filter the list to only types that match a certain tag.
- Choose the group type.
- Use the Filter dropdown to find a tag or type the tag and choose from the auto-fill options.
- Show the groups by tiles, list, or even by location. In addition, make all groups public/private and open/closed.
- View the groups who are in the chosen group type and have that selected tag.
When filtering with All groups, multiple group types will show. Differentiate the group types by their color.
The filter can be used on the Members, Reports, and Calendars tabs as well!
Using Tags on the Public View
Select Groups Directory to see how tags can be used by people to find groups.
Use the dropdown to choose from tags and find just the right group, based on criteria selected.
If no group within the selected group type is using any of the available tags within a tag group, that tag group will not appear as options for filtering publicly.
Tags are only available on group types on the public side of groups. There's not a way to filter all groups based on tags.