Tags are useful for adding extra information about your groups. Each tag has an associated set of options, and some tags are only used by one group type. Administrators can create and delete tag and tag groups then even use tags to filter groups on the Groups page.
Check out the video below on tags, and then read the rest of the article for more details.
Create Tags and Tag Groups
From the Tags tab, add more tags to the tag groups or use the + to add a new tag group.
Add information about the tag group.
- Enter the name of the tag group.
- Check if you want the tag to display on the public page.
- Decide if one group can belong to many tags, or if the group can only belong to one of the tags.
Click Save to add the different tags to the group.
Type the name of the tag into the box and enter or select the + to add it to the group.
- Selecting edit will take you to the tag group settings.
- Use the handles to reorder the tags by dragging and dropping them.
- To edit or delete a tag, select the pencil then choose the delete icon. Tags cannot be recovered and will be removed from any groups they were assigned.
Once you've added the tag, assign it to a group from its settings.
Filter with Tags
Select a group type and filter the list to only types that match a certain tag.
- Choose the group type.
- Use the Filter dropdown to find a tag, or type the tag and choose from the auto-fill options.
The filters can be used on the Reports, and Calendar tabs as well!
Tags can also be used along with other criteria to filter lists of group members.
Sort Groups on Church Center
From Groups on Church Center, you can use tags to sort groups from the dropdowns in a group type.
Tags are only available for group types on the public side of groups. There's not a way to filter all groups based on tags.