Basic information, location, tags, and any settings which belong to a group and can be changed from the Settings tab on any group.
This information is shown at a glance on the group directory.
Only Administrators can change the group type.
- Edit the name, select a different group type, or enter the meeting schedule. The schedule is a reference point for people to view; it does not add any event to the calendar.
- Upload or remove the image for the group, which shows on every group page.
- Archive or delete a group at any time. Archiving saves all the information and removes it from the active groups view; deleting removes all information about the group.
We apply cropping to an uploaded image to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio, 720x405 pixels.
If you don't have a logo for your group, use the Unsplash integration to find free photos for your group logo.
Let people know where where the group typically meets by adding a location.
- Choose from other locations listed in other groups or create a new location.
- Select Member or Non-Member to view what the map will look like.
- Edit the location or delete it entirely.
Members & Properties
Enter when or if enrollment closes, choose what members can see, and check any event information.
Only Administrators can make changes to this section.
- Open signups are great for when you want anyone to join the group without approval.
- Choose to close enrollment depending on a factor that works for your group.
- If you don't necessarily want the group to close after a certain number of people, but you may need to make other arrangements after a certain number, choose to be notified after a certain number of people.
- Select what logged-in group members can see on your group page.
- Enable if you would like to give your leader's access to search your People database when adding new members. This will give them access to the phone number and email address for everyone in your database.
- Check if attendance should be taken for the events.
- To help people find groups when filtering, add appropriate tags to the group.
Group Page Settings
Each group has different information to show on the group page and how to display it.
Group Leaders can only make changes to the Contact Information and Group Description.
- Choose the group status: allow the group to be seen by making it public or private, and choose if it's available for people to join by making it open or closed.
- If people have questions about this group, they can reach out to the person listed. This person doesn't necessarily need to be the group leader; the information listed could be the church's information.
- Allow people to view group events and subscribe to the calendar by checking the box.
- The description should give people a sense of what the group is about. Use the editing tools to make important text stand out.
- Some groups may want to show the leader's name and information publicly; other groups, however, may want their information to stay private. Select what visitors can see when viewing the group page. Member's information will never be displayed on the public page.