Basic information about the group, group location, enrollment, leader reminders, tags, and more can be changed from the group Settings tab.
Some of the settings shown in this article are available for Administrators only. When Group Leaders view the Settings tab for their groups, they will only see settings that they are able to update.
Basic information is shown at the topic of a public group page.
Group Leaders can change any information other than the group type. Only Administrators can change the group type, archive or delete the group, and view notes.
- When an Administrator adds a note, a small red dot appears on the notes button. Only other Admins can see these notes. and view notes that will only be seen by other Admins.
- Edit the name, select a different group type, or enter the meeting schedule information that's shown on the group page. This does not add any events to the calendar.
- Upload or remove the image that shows on every group page. Click Free photos to find free photos from Unsplash to use for your group logo. We apply cropping to an uploaded image to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio, 720x405 pixels.
- Administrators can archive or delete a group at any time. Archiving saves all the information and removes it from the active groups view; deleting removes all information about the group.
Let people know where where the group typically meets by adding a virtual or physical location.
Group Leaders can choose or create locations and set location visibility. Only Administrators can edit or delete locations.
To add a virtual location, choose Virtual (link), and then add a URL for a video conference meeting.
To add a physical location, choose Physical address as the location type.
- Choose from locations used by other groups or create a new location.
- Select Member or Non-Member to view what the map will look like for each group.
- Administrators can edit the location details or delete it entirely.
Set a date or maximum number of people that will automatically close enrollment or set an enrollment alert.
Only Administrators can make changes to enrollment settings.
Group Page Settings
Set group and event calendar visibility, and edit contact information or group description.
Group Leaders can make changes to the contact information and group description. Only Administrators can change visibility, enrollment status and calendar settings.
- Administrators can set the group status to published or hidden and set enrollment to open or closed.
- If people have questions about this group, they can use the Contact button from the public group page to email the address entered here. This person doesn't need to be a Group Leader; the contact information could be for the church. To disable the Contact button on the public group page, leave the Contact email blank.
- Check to display the leader's name on the public group page.
- The description is shown on the public group page and should give people a sense of what the group is about. If you want to add contact information for the group leader, you can do that here. Use the editing tools to make important text stand out.
- Administrators can allow members to view group events and subscribe to the calendar by checking the box.
Enable Group Messaging
Check Enable Group Messaging to turn on messaging for your group in the Church Center app, and then choose who you want to create new messages.
If you would like to use Group Messaging as an avenue for announcements, only allow leaders to create messages and then disable replies for the messages.