Basic information, location, tags, and any settings which belong to a group can be changed from the Settings tab on any group.
Some of the Settings shown in this article are available for Administrators only. When Group Leaders view the settings tab for their groups, they will only see settings that they are able to update.
Basic information is shown at the topic of a public group page.
Group Leaders can change any information other than the group type. Only Administrators can change the group type, archive or delete the group, and view notes.
- Administrators can add and view notes about the group. When a note has been added to the group, a small red dot appears in the upper right corner of the notes button.
- Edit the name, select a different group type, or enter the meeting schedule. The schedule setting here is information for the group page; it does not add any events to the calendar.
- Upload or remove the image that shows on every group page. If you don't have a logo for your group, click Free photos to find free photos from Unsplash to use for your logo. We apply cropping to an uploaded image to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio, 720x405 pixels.
- Administrators can Archive or delete a group at any time. Archiving saves all the information and removes it from the active groups view; deleting removes all information about the group.
Let people know where where the group typically meets by adding a location.
Group leaders can choose or create locations and set location visibility. Only Administrators can edit or delete locations.
- Choose from locations used by other groups or create a new location.
- Select Member or Non-Member to view what the map will look like for each group.
- Administrators can edit the location or delete it entirely.
Members and Leaders
Set enrollment limits, allow leader access, and choose what group information is visible to the public.
Only Administrators can make changes to enrollment settings, leader access, and group display options.
- Set a date when enrollment will automatically close or a maximum number of members for the group is reached.
- Choose to be notified after a certain number of people join the group, whether or not you close the enrollment.
- Enable if you would like to give your leaders access to search your People database so that they can add new members. This will give them access to the phone number and email address for everyone in your database.
- Select what group members can see on your group page. Non-members viewing the group page will not be able to see leader or member information.
Group Page Settings
Set group and event calendar visibility, and edit contract information or group description.
Group Leaders can make changes to the contact information and group description. Only administrators can change visibility, enrollment status and calendar settings.
- Administrators can set the group status to public or private and choose if it's available for people to join by making it open or closed.
- If people have questions about this group, they can use the Contact button from the public group page to email the address entered here. This person doesn't necessarily need to be the group leader; the information listed could be the church's information. To disable the Contact button on the public group page, leave the Contact email blank.
- Administrators can allow people to view group events and subscribe to the calendar by checking the box.
- The description is shown on the public group page and should give people a sense of what the group is about. If you want to add contact information for the group leader, you can do that here. You Use the editing tools to make important text stand out.