There are three different roles in Groups:
- Group Members can access any private groups they belong to, view the exact location of events for their group, and access any group resources.
- Group Leaders can access the admin group pages for the groups they manage.
- Administrators can do the same administration tasks as Group Leaders, and they can also add and delete Administrators and Group Leaders.
Only Organization Administrators can see information for people across Planning Center apps. Groups Administrators can view information about all people in the Groups database; however, Groups Admins can't participate in a group chat for a group their not a member of.
Group members are people who have been added to a group by either an Administrator, a Group Leader, or have added themselves to a group using Open Signups.
There are different ways to join a group, depending on the group type. After joining a group, members can log in to:
Group Leaders can create events, add resources, and communicate with group members once they log in to the administrative side of Groups. However, they can only access the groups that they are leaders for.
A Group Leader logs into the Groups admin page using their email address and password. After logging in, group leaders will see all groups that they are members or leaders of in the My Groups tab.
Leaders can update events, resources, and other settings for groups they lead.
Once logged into Groups, Group Leaders can do the following for their groups:
- Add and remove members and communicate with group members.
- Manage the group's calendar by adding and removing events.
- Add and remove group resources.
- Modify the group information, such as name, description, contact information, location, and group image.
- View various group reports.
- View attendance reports.
A person can also be added to a group by joining the group.
Some group settings within the administrative side of Groups can be configured to limit what group leaders can do. Only Administrators can make changes to those settings.
Groups Administrators can also do everything that Group Leaders can do.
To add an Administrator, go to the People page on the Admin side of Groups. Click Add Administrator, and then enter the name of the person. If the person is not already in your database, create a new person.
To remove an Administrator from Groups, go to the Administrator's profile and click Admin Profile.
You can also filter the People list to show a list of Administrators.
Click Remove admin access to remove the person's Administrator permissions.
Administrators can also delete a person, but deleting removes the person from Groups entirely. Any history recorded will be deleted forever.
Administrators can promote group members to Leaders from a group Members tab. In the Member list, click the icon next to thee person's role.