When your members use the Church Center web or app to access their groups, they might occasionally have questions about how to do things like joining a group, updating their information, or responding to RSVPs.
To answer most of your group members' questions, you can share one of the Church Center videos below. Below the videos section we have additional tips on items that members might have questions about.
Church Center Groups Video
You can share this video with your members to help them learn how to use groups.
Joining a Group
Anyone can browse or join groups from the Public Groups List on your unique Church Center URL or from the Church Center App.
To join a group, click the Join or Ask to join button on the group page.
- You can use the Contact button to contact the contact person of the group with any questions.
- After clicking Join or Ask to join, do the following, depending on what type of group it is:
If the group requires leader approval to join, you will be prompted to send an email to the leader to request to join the group. The leader will respond, letting you if you've been added to the group or not.
If the group does not require approval to join, confirm that you want to join the group if you are logged in, or enter your email and confirm that you want to join from the email that you receive.
Once you log in to the Church Center web or app, you will stay logged in for fourteen days from your last activity.
If you need to log in, you will be sent a verification code, which will expire after two hours and can only be used to log in once.
Responding to RVSPs
When members are sent RSVPs for events, they can respond via RSVP email or through the member interface.
Someone can RSVP whether or not they are currently logged to the Church Center:
- If they are logged in, they will be taken to the member site, where they can make changes to RSVPs for this or other events.
- If they are not logged in, their RSVP will be recorded, but they will need to log in to make any other changes.
- If someone else is logged in to Church Center from the same computer, that person will be logged out and the person who RSVPs will be taken to the member site.
If they need to change their response, they can do that from the original RSVP email.
Changing RSVPs is currently only available to members from Church Center web. Admins can also change these on behalf of a member by accessing the event RSVPs on the Admin side of Groups
They can also access the group from the group page, log in if necessary, and change their response for the event.
Your members can subscribe to the group calendar and access group resources right from the group page on the web page or app.